martes, 7 de junio de 2011

[E3] EA and Ubisoft

More about E3. Now it is time for two big ones: EA and Ubisoft.

- EA:
It couldn't be any other way: FIFA 12 leads the way. The new engine actually looks very good. It doesn't mean I'll play (I get too anxious with football games. Not as much as I do when I actually play football, but too much to have fun). BUT, it is cool seeing how they are getting more and more realistic. Of course, people might not like that realism, having their players injured a million different ways.

We like everything that has a 3 on it: Mass Effect, Battlefield... As you know, I am a COD fan and, with all the images shown so far on the E3, I am still. But I am expecting to see what Battlefield multiplayer can offer. If it gets the COD's epic and frenetic pace, I'll be there almost certainly.

Regarding the rest of stuff, Reckoning and Overstrike look good. The first one because it may be the new Fable, now that the genuine is for 5-year-olds. The second one because... the trailer is cool, and that's it.

- Ubisoft:


In 1986, two major events took place: my birth, and Ubisoft foundation, so they're celebrating their 25th anniversary. Maybe that is why the conference has been so festive, although the videos figuring how video games would had been if they were from the eighties were more and more implausible. They move on from a bunch of cubes that meant to be cars, to a super-edgy comic-like animation for Assassin's Creed ¬¬


But the conference has been very good, full of titles: Rayman, Driver, Brothers in Arms, Ghost Recon, Rabbids...


My first highlight is Far Cry 3 (another "three"). The trailer is superb, very farcryesque. I just wish it didn't last like a billion hours like Far Cry 2.


Then, Tintin! ¿Maybe a disappointment because it is not a Lego Tintin? Just kidding. Most of all, disappointment because, after a lot of beautiful artwork and Spielberg words, it is only a typical movie-promoting game with poor graphics and a mediocre game play. Well, at least that is what it looked like.

Rocksmith :_) Rumours were true, at last a guitar game where you actually PLAY GUITARS. They say it is funny and that you really learn to play. I don't know if both things are compatible, but I must admit that I can't understand how the game is played after seeing the in-game images. I'll find it out, because I'm sure I'll buy it.

He has a sexy mature beard, but he is still Ezio
And finally... Hey! My friend, the Assassins Creed. Besides a cool video, we have seen an in-game trailer and most of all, it invites you to play. The novelties are a much more powerful smoke bomb, a cool karate lock, and a grabbing hook. It is also even more spectacular. But there isn't anything new beyond this. I get a bit tired of this century and, worse, going back to the orient-muslim world of Altair. It makes me be more interested on the story and the Animus thing than on the game itself -something strange in me.

If only it was the third part...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario