domingo, 27 de marzo de 2011

About COD Black Ops

I've just made 100 hours online in Call of Duty Black Ops.

 
Although I've not broken my MW2 record (5 days and 8 hours), I think I'll reach it sooner than later.It's not that I like it better, I've just played more. It's true that contracts are addictive, and it's funny to go "prestige hunting". But what was supposed to be a hit of this COD, personalization, it's not a big deal.

On one side, because of what we suspected: there's no impact in gameplay, and you don't go around looking other players' faces to see their face paint, neither the camo of their weapons. Regarding to the personalization that matters (weapons, equipment, perks), it barely changes from other CODs, and I actually don't change a thing once I get used to a class. But the real problem is that I don't feel like having a "cool" look, because I'm not identified with my character, basically because it's a man... and I'm not.

Anyway, I don't mean all men identify with their characters. You can't change your clothes, your hair, your face... But the fact that when you get to the top position in a match, or when you kill the sniper that was annihilating your team, they can't see that it's been you, a girl that many of them would despise... it's too bad.

It's like Brink, a game which has been announced as the panacea of personalization... it doesn't even include female characters! I'll talk about that game in another post, though.

I'm no feminist, and it doesn't matter wether I'm a girl or a boy, but as a little girl I wasn't allowed to play football or they didn't want me in their games conversations. So now I want them to know who they're fighting with (angry face).

So I'll go on talking about games, of any kind. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario